Read More Here!

Monday, December 27, 2021

About Last Week #4

 I am sitting here on the Monday after Christmas, lots to do, my room a mess, and the period cramps setting in. We officially have only ONE WEEK left of this contract! It has completely flown by. Later today, I will be picking Chris about at the bus up from Ft. Lauderdale (he spent Christmas with his family down there), and he will be with me trough our last show week! Definitely looking forward to some more family time, some snuggles, and some gentle planning for the new year. 

MONDAY 12.20.21


Monday morning I went to Sofritos, our favorite local spot, with Kelsie and Connor. We messed around in the super touristy gift shop next to it for a bit, and then I dropped them off at the airport! That night I went into work and did two shows, both of which actually ended up getting rained out. We were still at the venue all day though. Afterwards, I curled up at home with some tea and did some blogging. :)

TUESDAY 12.21.21


Tuesday morning I had public skate, and we got all the way into the venue in the pouring rain before they canceled it! We were drenched, but happy to not have to be there all day. We went home and I spent the rest of the day watching You've Got Mail, and starting this embroidery kit! I am in love! Can't wait to work on it some more. After that it was just some meal prepping, and then back to the venue for our shows (the rain stopped). 

WEDNESDAY 12.22.21

Wednesday I was crazy tired...went into shows obviously, but honestly I didn't do much else. Just couldn't get out of my way for the whole day, and I felt pretty off. 

THURSDAY 12.23.21

Thursday was a complete whirlwind! I was busy all day going shopping for last minute Christmas treats, ordering last minute gifts, and prepping for a busy Christmas weekend. I got home from shows at 10:30pm, and immediately got to work making three batches of fudge, and a batch of white trash haha. I literally stayed up until 3am, making fudge and listening to podcasts and getting a little wine drunk in the middle of it all. For fudge I made: chocolate and toffee, peanut butter molasses, and white chocolate raspberry. So, so fun....maybe I'll post the recipes so I remember what I did next year! I love to come up with new ones every year. 

FRIDAY 12.24.21



Friday was Christmas Eve! I was up and moving pretty early because I had public skate. I worked public skate from 9:45am-3:30pm, then raced back to the hotel to package up my fudge and back for the night. I made six little fudge boxes: one for the cast, one for some close friends, one for Chris' parents, one for the hotel desk, on for the hotel housekeeping, and one for costuming. These little Christmas tins were 98 cents each at Walmart, and I couldn't help myself. So so cute!!

So after packing up the fudge, I zipped back to work for two shows. Then I went back to the hotel, showered, and hopped in the car for a 3-hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale to see Chris! Phew haha. I got in to his hotel at 2am; definitely a long day but any chance to spend Christmas morning with family is a no-brainer in my book. 

SATURDAY 12.26.21



Christmas day! Woke up in Ft. Lauderdale with Chris. :) We immediately went on a Starbucks run, then opened our stockings together. Afterwards we hung out with his parents, grandmother, and cousins on the rooftop of the hotel. It was a wonderful, relaxed family morning. I left early at about 1pm to zip back up to the show. I was SO TIRED on the drive...had to stop partway through to grab a coffee because I was convinced I was going to fall asleep. But it was also an easy drive, no traffic, some great podcasts, and I just felt so happy! I got back to Orlando at 4pm and zipped right over to the show. We had a super fun secret santa gift exchange at notes, then our typical two shows. That night we had an epic hotel party (I didn't go to bed until 6:30am...whoops!). Being together as a cast is always the best part of any ice show!

SUNDAY 12.27.21

Sunday was chill, and I have no pictures haha. I slept in pretty late, then had a relaxing afternoon to myself before heading in to work. Two good shows! Then a shower and to bed, where I got very distracted by watching videos of people cleaning their dishwashers on Instagram. I can literally not wait to go home and check our dishwasher filter. I'm taking time off from work once I get back, and I am stoked to finally get to deep clean everything!!!!

This week between Christmas and New Year's is always one of my favorites. Hope everyone has a good one!

xoxo Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment