Read More Here!

Monday, December 20, 2021

About Last Week #3

 This past week was all over the place: last days off of the run, my birthday, closing out the semester of school, a holiday party, and friends visiting! Lots of good stuff. I also had a cold which was less fun, and honestly just felt a little off most of the week...but nothing a little quality time with friends and some self care didn't fix. 

Monday, 12.13.21

Honest, Monday was a blur. I feel like I barely remember what I did! We had the day off, and I had my last day of class for one of my remote classes. Then I spent the evening in the pool and ordered pizza with a cast mate. Somehow I didn't take a single photo all day...but enjoy this one Chris sent me of Bear!

Tuesday, 12.14.21


On Tuesday we had a party at one of my local cast-mates house! It was SO FUN! We all got dressed up and had a great time. Everyone made and brought food, I made barbecue chicken in my Instant pot to top baked potatoes with, and I also made some cookies at their house. 

Wednesday, 12.15.21

Wednesday was a bit of a recovery day from the night before! I took my very last final, cleaned my room and read my book, then had a good long soak in the hot tub and worked out. That night Chris and I had a wonderfully long video chat. We don't video call very often, and even though we talk every day we don't always have time for long calls. It felt like a cozy date night!

Thursday, 12.16.21

Thursday was my 25th birthday! I kept it pretty chill though. I went to a wax appointment in the morning, and then a Target run to get some Christmas stuff. I treated myself to two new pairs of earrings! Then I worked the public skate session at work, and hung out with my friend, Emily, for the evening. A perfect, low-key day. 

Friday, 12.17.21


I don't know what was the matter with me, but Friday morning I just felt...bad? Tired, and definitely with a bit of a head cold. I also felt kind of anxious and depressed, just melancholy and generally off. Did my best to pull myself together and clean the room, but I honestly didn't do much outside of getting myself to work. After shows, though, I showered and went to the airport to pick up my friend Kelsie and her boyfriend!

Saturday, 12.18.21



Saturday we spent the day in the park together, and they got to see the show! So fun. :) I've honestly never had a non-skater friend visit me at a contract before, and it was such a treat to get this time together since we don't see each other enough, even when I am home!

Sunday, 12.19.21



Sunday morning Kelsie and I went to Celebration (Disney's residential neighborhood) to grab breakfast at their diner! They also had a farmer's market going on in their market square, so we got to explore that as well. It was a perfect morning of chatting and eating great friend and just relaxing together! We headed back to the hotel in the afternoon, where I dropped her off and headed in to work myself. 

Overall, this was such a fun week with so much good social time. We are in the last two weeks of this contract! It has gone by so quickly; much quicker than in years past. I'm honestly not ready for it to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment