Read More Here!

Friday, June 16, 2023

three little rituals in June

Coming off of a whirlwind week and heading into a busy weekend!! Just a quckie today. Here are some additional favorite rituals if you're interested.

Weekly Trader Joes Salad Kits & Youtube. Though with summer scheduling my life is slowing down a bit, this ritual saved my mental health. Chris works a regular overnight shift at the fire department each week. I used to feel lonely on those weeknights, often burnt out from working all weekend and just struggling to do my own routines and make a nice dinner without someone else prompting it. Once I let go of being "productive" or cooking something nice on those nights, everything got better. Now, I grab a salad kit from Trader Joe's on the way home from work, and eat the whole thing on the couch with a glass of wine while watching Youtube. It's the best night of the week. 

Google Calendar & A Notebook. While my Google calendar is how I live and breathe, I've also been using a notebook bullet journal style for a lot of planning. I wrote out a monthly spread, the have a page for each week. On each weekly spread I block of a section to put the days of the week and any large, unusual events on those days to visualize it, then I write lists of what I need to get done for the week. I have four categories: Career, Self, Relationships, and Habits. For me, this is the perfect combo of my love for paper planning plus the necessity of being too busy to not have a digital calendar!

Being religious about nightly chores. I am not the best at doing chores in a timely manner. But, as everything has been so busy this spring I've gotten really good at making sure the kitchen is at least closed for the night. If I have more time and energy, I like to sweep, wipe the counters, do all of the dishes, and tidy things up. If I'm moving fast or am low energy, though, I just make sure the dishwasher is running and prep the coffee for the morning. Waking up to just that makes such a huge difference in the start of the day! I've even been starting to finish those chores up before we go out if I think it's going to be a late night. 

Summer Fridays are basically holidays SO A VERY HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment