Read More Here!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Blogging As A Resume


You know, I'm really happy with my blog.

Since I started in 2012, my blog and I have had a lot of ups and downs. We've struggled with confusion and miscommunication. Over-planning and under-planning. There's been creative highs and horrible writer's block ruts that almost beat us. But, for better or for worse, we are still together today.

I've been thinking about what I want from this space. I want an online space (blog and social media) that is real. And genuine. And kind. And sums up what I'm going through and experiencing and learning. And records the projects I start and the goals I'm working towards. And shares it all in a way that is gritty, but beautiful, in it's way.

Elise summed it up perfectly when she called her blog her resume. That is what I want. I want my blog to be a representation of everything that I am and I want and I can accomplish.

There are so many ways we can use our blogs to show off our skill set.

We can showcase our writing talent.
Or our web design.
Our photography skills.
Our marketing skills.
Our editing skills.

And we can show off our talents in the things we're actually blogging about....like skating videos, or recipes we made up, or clothes we sewed.

And in a more abstract sense, we can showcase what we stand for. Our beliefs and our ideals. Where we put our time. We can showcase that we know how to show up somewhere every day. We can showcase that we're open to growth, and are motivated enough to teach ourselves new skills. We can showcase just exactly what we can do when we build up from complete scratch.

I have so many ideas for what I want to do. And so many ideas for how to share those things on the blog. I'm excited to keep building a blog I'm proud of. One that not only deserves a place on my resume, but is a resume itself.

Happy Saturday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment