Read More Here!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

friends

It sounds cheesy, but my sorta-ish-new-years-resolution was to 'be more social'.

I love people. I love connecting. I really need close people around me. But, sometimes I forget.

There's been times when I've easily gone a month without actually hanging out with friends. I talk to people at skating, and work, and class, obviously, and maybe I texted and skyped with people, but I didn't hang out. Or make time for a real catch-up. I've always known I have the tendency to do this. There are so many examples of when me and my best friends go a strangely long time without really catching up. It's what happens when you're both busy people pursuing different things.
^^Ancient Photo
But what I hadn't realized before was the necessity of connecting. I'm sure everyone is rolling their eyes at this point, but it honestly wasn't until this past winter I realized that I get really, really cranky when I haven't seen my best friend. I get frazzled. And anxious. And definitely more negative and more insecure.

I am so, so grateful for all the people in my life. I've been blessed with amazing family and friends and friends that have become family. I'd say at this point, I have some of the closest relationships I've ever had. 2014...wasn't the best. But now, I can see how it pulled together the great connections I'm having now.

I can be a hard person to be a friend to. I can be clingy, and I can drop off the face of the earth. Sometimes I'm spontaneous, and others I want to do absolutely nothing. I'm busy and never have time for anything and can sometimes be very selfish. It usually takes me a long time to form a close friendship, and I don't do very well with a more casual friendship. But the one thing, is that I don't let go. I believe friendships can (and should) last a lifetime, and aren't meant to be dropped after one fight or one falling out. You have to fight for them, just like any other love.

So, friends, thanks for sticking with me. Loving me. Fighting with me. I'm beyond blessed to have all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment