Read More Here!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

TYG: I'm A Rebel In The Kitchen


In my family, when we say "I'm in the mood for some cookies." We really mean "I want some cookie dough."

Everything's about the dough. We seriously decide what cookies to make based on which dough we're in the mood to sample. And I'm not talking about taking a fingerfull of butter and sugar....I'm talking major sampling.

At every stage.

By the spoonful.

Even after the egg has been added.


People are always shocked at that one. "What??!! You eat raw eggs? But those have salmonella!"

To which I reply, while holding a spoonful of cookie dough, "I'm not dead yet." *cheeky smile*

The simple truth of the matter, is that neither me nor my family really cares.

Don't look at me like that. Don't act shocked unless you can honestly say you have never eaten cookie dough after the egg has been added. Yeah. I didn't think so.


Yet, I still get a lot of blank stares when I start talking cookie dough. That's why I have a lovely answer committed to memory. "Oh, well, we use eggs that come from our own chickens. We know where they come from, and that our birds aren't diseased. So it's alright."

Sounds very educated, oui?

But the truth is, I ate cookie dough before we had chickens. And I have no qualms about eating it when I know it's from store-bought eggs. 

So I need a new reply. Something witty, light-hearted, and that no one can argue with.

How can you eat cookie dough with eggs in it??!!

Because I have a great and powerful God.

It's exhilarating.

Just think of it as a dance with death...

It's my rebellious streak.

Can anyone say addiction?

You're not the boss of me!

What reply do you have down pat?

I'm not really sure what I'm doing here...
Outfit Details: cardigan / / JC Penny's, tank top / / hand-me down, pencil skirt and heels / / thrift store, nyons / / Walmart, necklace / / heirloom, ring and bracelet / / gift, belt / / came with another dress, lipstick / / Revlon's "Gentleman Prefer Pink."

PS. Don't forget to like Young Yankee Lady on Facebook!

Update: Linking up to Watch What I'm Wearing at Watch Out For The Woestmans.




2 comments:

  1. YES! Raw cookie dough!! No shame in that game. I've been eating it since I was a toddler, and it has always horrified my mom. If I die from eating raw cookie dough, then at least I'll die happy.

    ReplyDelete