Read More Here!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Straight From The Page: Fool of a Took

Only my second week of Straight From The Page posts, and it's a crazily hard work to put one together! *le sigh*. Our church has VBS this week, which is insanely fun. Our teen's class is great, and it's so much fun to watch the younger kids have a blast. :) We've also been doing a lot of prep for the fair at the end of the day, where I'll be showing my sheep. Busy busy!

Reading's been a bit hard to squeeze in lately, but I'm currently enjoying three books! (don't let the picture fool you!).


Glen Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-Of Control Government Inspired by Thomas Paine continues to be a very interesting read. I've finished Glen Beck's part of the book, and now I'm reading through the copy of Thomas Pain'es Common Sense included in the back.

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien is simply fantastic. :) They're out of Moria now! I'm hoping to finish this week, but we'll see...

The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie...have I ever mentioned how much I love her?? Nothing makes my day like an Agatha Christie mystery. I'm actually listening to this one, which I downloaded from NH Online Library. If you're an NH resident, I highly suggest checking it out. It uses your local library card to then allow you to check out audiobooks and ebooks for free! Gotta love it. :)

"Pippin felt curiously attracted by the well. While the others were unrolling blankets and making beds against the walls of the camber, as far as possible from the hole in the floor, he crept to the edge and peered over. A chill air seemed to strike his face, rising from invisible depths. Moved by a sudden impulse he groped for a loose stone, and let it drop. He felt his heart beat many times before there was any sound. Then far below, as if the stone had fallen into deep water in some cavernous place, there came a plunk, very distant, but magnified and repeated in the hollow shaft.

"What's that?" cried Gandalf. He was relieved when Pippin confessed what he had done; but he was angry, and Pippin could see his eyes glinting. "Fool of a Took!" he growled. "this is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"

-The Fellowship of the Ring, Book II, Chapter IV, A Journey in the Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment