Read More Here!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A New Little Something

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted an outfit, and given the look of what I wore to church today, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.



My grandmother gave both this dress and shrug to me for Christmas last year, but this is the first time I've worn it. Although I think the dress very elegant, it definitely isn't my normal style! Over the last year or so, my personal style has become a lot more anchored. I usually gravitate to dark colors, basic shapes, small prints, and classic, vintage-inspired pieces that have a very put-together look. The maxi shape and handkerchief style skirt on this dress definitely make it modern, and the shrug is a very eclectic looking piece. In fact, I was actually a little worried I would look goth in this outfit! :)



When all's said and done, though, I definitely liked this outfit! It was very comfortable for church, and while it wouldn't be a great choice for very humid days, it was definitely great for the mild weather we've been having. While I'm all for honing in your own personal style, every once and awhile it's fun to step out of the box! I'm so happy my grandmother gave this to me. It definitely illustrates that sometimes having different people help you with outfits opens up more possibilities! :)



It's finally starting to feel all easy-going-summer-life over here, which is much appreciated! I have my last driver's ed. class tomorrow (psyched!), and I'm *hopefully* going to finish Algebra 2 this week! We go camping next week, from Sunday afternoon through Thursday. Then, it's a couple days at home and then we're off to NH 4-H Teen Conference! I'm so excited; our entire county's been looking forward to the 2013 TC since we left last year! :)



Outfit Specifics:

Black Knitted Shrug: Gift from Grandma.
Black and Gold Maxi Dress: Gift from Grandma.
Black Skinny Belt: Stole from Mum. :)
Gold Peep-Toe Flats: Payless



Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, and I'll be seeing you later in the week! I'm hoping to post a book review soon from one of the titles I listed here, so be sure to keep your eyes out for that!

Thanks to AJ for taking the pictures! I'm also going to be linking up to Sunday Style at Plane Pretty, so be sure to check it out! :)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love the maxi - simple yet sexy :)

    Visiting from the blog hop - I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I also like it when other people give me clothes--it gives me the opportunity to try a different style that I probably would never have tried, otherwise!

    ReplyDelete