Read More Here!

Monday, April 8, 2013

30 Day Disney Challenge...Day Eight // Saddest Moment

We're starting week two of the 30 Day Disney Challenge! I loved hearing from you guys, so make sure to keep comments/links coming! Be sure to check out Deanna's blog for more fun picks.

Today's theme is saddest moment. Now, I had a lot of trouble deciding on this one! There are so many Disney moments that really make you want to cry. I suppose that's one of the reason we love Disney; even though they're 'kid' movies, they still are deep enough to make us feel something. And yes, I cheated a little. I ended up choosing two moments for both my favorite and first runner-up.

So without further ado, Disney's saddest moments...

Saddest Moment:



I think that the song 'Best of Friends' from The Fox and the Hound is one of Disney's saddest moments. The entire movie's sad, actually, but wonderful. This song speaks of growing up and suddenly, things getting more complicated than they used to be. And who could forget Big Momma's line, 'Forever's a long time, and it has a way of changing things'? 



My other pick for saddest moment is the Furnace Scene from Toy Story 3. I was crying in the theaters the entire time. As friends, they hold hands to meet their inevitable fate of falling into the fire. The part that gets me is the way Buzz looks at Jessie. 

First Runner-Up:




Disney did a great job with the love story in the first eight minutes of Up. It's so genuine, and sweet, and heart wrenching. If you haven't seen it, please watch this. It's worth the time. The rest of the movie is just as good, too, and I'd highly recommend it.



I love this song. How can it not make you cry, though? Poor Jessie. 

Least Favorite:




So, how does one choose a least-favorite sad moment? Well, I went with the scene from Cinderella when the stepsisters spoil her dress. It was a terrible thing to do, of course, but I still don't really feel sorry for her. And I certainly don't want to cry.

Well, I suppose I should dry my eyes and go do something productive...be back tomorrow for favorite couple! It won't be a tear jerker, I promise. :)

Your Thoughts?: Did I totally cheat by choosing more than one for each category? What Disney moment always gets you to cry? What do you think of my picks?

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment