Read More Here!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

June & July

Not gonna lie, this summer has been all over the place. I feel like I haven't even been home for half of it! I'm honestly flipping through my calendar right now to even remember what happened in June and July.

In June, I....

...became a commuter and got comfortable with highway driving going to different rinks...

...Attended a Lady's Day at church that was beyond inspiring...

...Skated at Theater on Ice Nationals, in Hyannis, Massachusetts...

Image credit Katherine Vitaro.
...We placed 5th overall in Junior!...


...Mum and I celebrated with a huge stack of pancakes at IHop...

...I attended my last NH 4-H Teen Conference ever (tears)...


In July, I...

...Roadtripped to visit family in Missouri!...


...Went to Cedar Point, Ohio, and rode the world's tallest roller coaster!...


...In Missouri, played in a human foosball tournament...


...And got to connect with cousins we don't see often enough!...

...A week after coming home, I had my graduation party (where multiple people made me cry)...


...And I bought my first car!...


...And I've spent the rest of my time re-arranging my room, getting back into skating, working and journaling/goal setting....

August is very much an at-home, get organized, get going month to set me up for this 'next phase of life' deal. Here's some goals and things coming up:

1. Go to Boston Comic-Con with Dia

2. Take (and pass) my Junior Moves in the Field test.

3. Go through certification and application process for Basic Skills coaching.

4. Figure out other job/project applications/schedules.

5. Organize my school stuff, sell off books, and finish transcript.

6. Land a double salchow and double loop.

7. Create a better routine and rhythm. 

8. Do some last-of-summer things, like a beach day, amusement park, ice cream, and smores!

9. Start weight training! At a gym!

Thanks for reading, and sticking around for the last two months while I was more inconsistent than I would like! Right now, my blogging goal is posting every Tuesday and Saturday, and I'm really looking forward to getting back in a rhythm. If you'd like a recap of our July Everyday Geek challenge, here's a list of my favorite posts from Dia and here's the list of favorites I wrote.

Happy Weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment