Read More Here!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

TYG: Being Intentional

Casual pencil skirt outfit, boots, scarf ll Young Yankee Lady

There are people out there who are all *laugh laugh* "I'm not really into New Years Resolutions."

And honestly, I'm pretty sure they're lying. We all have something we want more (or less) of in 2014. In 2014, we will be perfect. Or at least really, really good. We'll make time for things. We'll read more, walk more, love more. We'll fight less, pin less, eat less. We'll finally check off that dream goal. 2014 is fraught with possibility.


Casual pencil skirt outfit, boots, scarf ll Young Yankee Lady

I love dreaming about the new year. Right now, it seems like 52 weeks is plenty of time to accomplish everything I want to. But looking back at 2013, I know 365 days really isn't all that long. I feel like there's so much I've left undone, or never even started.

2013 was good. I feel like I grew up a lot, and for the first time, understood myself and trusted myself. I feel like I've hit the right stride between working towards goals and realizing that things will change and I have to accept that I'll never really know what is going to happen. My values have become clearer in my head, from Christianity to what it means to be successful. I know what really matters to me.

Casual pencil skirt outfit, boots, scarf ll Young Yankee Lady

I have lots of goals and plans for 2014. They all boil down to one thing, though: being intentional.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not helping myself. I'm chronically lazy, way too good at procrastinating, and usually lack motivation. While I'm really good at planning on paper and 'resolving' throughout the year to do better, I do a really bad job actually putting that into practice.

2014, though, is going to be my year.

I'm going to skate harder and push myself both on and off the ice. I want to leave my comfort zone and know I've put every ounce of myself into a practice.

When I say I'm going to eat healthy, I'm going to. While I have no shame in eating cookie dough and downing pans of fudge by myself, it's not good for me (duh). It's not doing me any favors.

I'm going to just get school done, and stop procrastinating on the inevitable. I want to study harder and accomplish more.

I want to get off of Pinterest and read a book. I'm in danger of getting an internet addiction and I really don't want to. Plus I feel sorry for all the books languishing on my TBR list.

This is what I want from myself in 2014. I want to leave the year knowing that I've been 100% myself and worked my hardest. I want to be totally immersed in living. And I want to kick my lazy habit.

Cardigan and scarf outfit selfie ll Young Yankee Lady

Best of luck to you in 2014! What do you want to accomplish?

Outfit Details: scarf / / gift, cardigan / / jc penny's, pencil skirt / / thrifted, tights / / george via walmart, boots / / hand-me-down, hair bow / / no idea.

Stalk these pieces: cardigan: #1#2. skirt: #1#2, #3. boots: #1.


2 comments: