Read More Here!

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Post About Me Wanting To Post

scarf / fair, top / old navy, shorts / old navy, socks / sock market
I almost didn't write this post.

At the beginning of the year, I decided I was going to post every single weekend for the entire year. Never, ever miss a week.

And I haven't. There's even been a couple bonus posts thrown in there.

But yesterday, as I was walking around the house aimlessly trying to think of a post for this weekend when I should have been doing school, I thought, 'why bother?'

I have just three of my five classes from this semester to finish, and then I'm done with high school (!!!). I'm also trying to work more, prepping for competition with my team and of course doing my own skating, and planning my graduation. Then there's States Activities Day for 4H next week and lots of weekend plans with friends this week.

So really: with so much to do, and the burning desire to just finish school, why take the time to post?

I decided to take a break, and not post until I had finished my three classes. Go completely silent on the blog and tumblr. Then, I'd pop back in and be fine after that.

And yet, here I am.

Old habits die hard. This June, it will be three years since I've started this blog. And overall, that's been a pretty consistent three years. I really want to post this weekend.

It's not because I have a million followers and people who will jump down my throat (or notice at all) if I skip. It's not that I make money from my blog and have requirements to meet (well, not yet anyways). It's simply that I like coming here every week and sharing what's been on my mind. I like having this little community, where I can express my thoughts and any feedback is always so kind, positive, and on point.

I really, really love my wi-fi, guys. And I kinda love social media. It gets a bad rap (for legitimate reasons, honestly), but I can't help but think it's just such a huge blessing. With no limitations but our own creative juices, we have the opportunity to write, film, edit, create, and then share that stuff for anyone in the world to see. The internet has provided so many opportunities for creatives to make a living from just that--creating. Okay, some people might think it's stupid when Rhett and Link answer the all important question, Will It Hotpocket?, but isn't it kind of amazing that the internet's allowed them to turn that into their job?

Okay, I realize I'm totally rambling at this point. I basically just wanted to post to tell you guys I wanted to post. So yeah.

Happy Weekend! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. First off, I love the quote on your header! :) Secondly, I wholeheartedly agree. It's a neat world that we live in - one where people can make a living off of social media. The internet can be addicting for some people (myself included!) and there are a lot of not-so-great sites on there, but there are also sites like youtube, etsy, and al sorts of other ones that allow artists and creators and dreamers to connect and be inspired by each other that definitely balances out the bad sites on the internet. (Speaking of rambling! LOL) Anyways... :) Congratulations on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so awesome to be able to connect with all forms of creatives on the internet! Such a great opportunity. :)

      Delete