Read More Here!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

TYG: A List of 8



There are some days when it's really hard to write, even though I have tons I want to say. And I know you aren't supposed to publish a blog post until it's 'perfect', and that you must make sure to always blog quality blogginess, and stuff people actually want to read, but I have a feeling that's not actually going to happen today.

But you see, I love posting every week. I want to connect with people through my blog...and you can't do that with sparse posting. So! Here are some ancient outfit photos, and a list of random thoughts/happenings of this weekend. Don't say I don't love you.

1.) First off, 4-H CAD was yesterday! My speech was on scoring for figure skating, and my demonstration was on yoga poses for the splits. Anybody interested in details? I may or may not share them. We'll see. I hate commitment.

2.) It has been WARM (think 50's)! I've hopefully retired my trench coat, and have instead been wearing my Bilbo Jacket, which is corduroy and awesome. The sun is coming through the windows and it actually looks and is perhaps starting to smell like spring.

I wish I knew what I was thinking here.
3.) After CAD, our club met at this Italian place Milo's for lunch/supper. Or lupper. Seriously, hanging out with our group is the best. Nothing beats the brother/sister love we all have for each other. They're the best. I gush about them here, too. In case you want more.

4.) That night, we went to a dance (yeah, a super busy day) which was AWESOME because two of my friends were making the DJing debut. :) Did I mention I love my friends?

5.) After church, my cousin, brother, and I relaxed and watched Frozen. Yeah. I'm in love. With everything, but specifically Kristoff. I mean, he's seriously competing with Prince Eric right now.

6.) And no, these photos do NOT represent what it looks like outside right now. These were taken in January, and thankfully, we don't have THAT MUCH snow anymore.


7.) Let It Go is my new theme song for my skating goals. I don't know why, but it is. It's inspiring!

8.) As I'm writing, we're watching The Amazing Race. This season is, err, amazing. I'm routing for the O'Leary's, a.k.a. the father and son team, a.k.a. The Boy With Amazing Hair and His Dad.

9.), Okay, so this just happened and I have to tell you. The Country Girls, a.k.a. the most annoying, helpless all-girl team, are building a raft. One of them just said, 'We're Like Huck Finn and Oliver Twist!" ??????

Happy Sunday, ladies (and gents?). I'll be back next weekend!


Previously Worn: Toile pencil skirt, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5. Black blouse, #1, #2. Pirate boots, #1, #2, #3.

Outfit Details: Toile pencil skirt / / thrifted, camel sweater / / gift (jc penny's), blouse / / thrifted, tights / / george via walmart, boots / / hand me down.

Like what you see? Check out the rest of my Thrifty Yankee Girl posts!

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately we still have that much snow ( sad face)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's too bad! We are supposedly getting a snow storm tomorrow...boo....

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt!
    We too are "blessed" with lots of snow...still.

    ReplyDelete