Read More Here!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Wardrobe Re-Think

I've been really depressed about clothes lately. Take a look at the following, and see if you can relate:
  • Apparently, 'difficult' sewing projects are easier for me than so-called 'easy' projects. Like I need a couple of pairs of pajama shorts, preferably cute cotton ones, so the obvious answer is to make them myself...do I really need to go on?
  • I've recently lost a couple favorite clothing pieces. Yes, lost. They are no where. Who but me looses clothes?
  • Clothes are expensive.
  • Nothing off-the-rack fits and I have yet to learn how to fit clothing properly.
  • Nothing is perfect. I'm always left feeling like I have to settle.
I really like clothes. I love dressing well. For awhile, I had felt like I'd made so much progress. Just compare this post from September to this one from March. Yeah. Just a couple of months, and still the same style, but March is so much more polished than September. Looking at my wardrobe, though. I still have a ways to go. I have some awesome outfits, but I also have a lot of not-so-nice outfits. It seems like a struggle to get dressed in something practical, but still feel pretty and put-together.

Which brings me to the point of this post. In an effort to eliminate the clothing rut I'm in, I'm going to start a new blog series called 'The Wardrobe Re-think'. It will be a rather relaxed series, with no definite end-point and no post schedule. It will simply record my thoughts as I re-evaluate my wardrobe needs, get rid of things, buy things, fit things, and overall re-think the way I've been dressing.



Through The Wardrobe Re-Think, I hope to accomplish the following:

  • Figure out my wardrobe needs.
  • Go through my closet and get rid of pieces that aren't working.
  • Experiment with fitting and re-fashioning items myself.
  • Buy clothing that fits my style and my needs.
  • Learn to be creative with my pieces to create many outfits.
  • Stop settling.
  • Create a wardrobe that I'm proud of, excited to wear, and works for me.
Posts will feature all of the topics above, as well as others that present themselves! I'm planning on doing lots of before/after shots, clothing challenges, and wardrobe lists along the way. If you're in a similar rut right now, and have questions, just shoot me an email and I'll try to address it! I'm so excited to start sharing this with you. :)

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment