Read More Here!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"It Is Better To Be Absolutely Ridiculous Than Absolutely Boring."

(via)
That is exactly what this post is. Imperfect, mad, and ridiculous. I'll leave it to up to you about the beautiful and genuius parts, but this post will certainly not be boring. The fairly quite, strong happiness I tried to express in the last post has since been replaced by a crazy, scatter-brained life that somehow is still perfectly lovely and exciting.


Now that I'm back from the 2013 NH 4-H Teen Conference, I figured I should update you! As always, TC was more fun than could ever be expressed in one blog post. I was able to room with my absolutely wonderful friend, Deanna, which resulted in late night talks, crazed laughter, and gooey brownies. I absolutely loved the zumba workshop, as well as the aerial-ropes-course workshop. Kickboxing, though, was easily one of the hardest things I've ever done. I did it with one of the boys in our group, and both of us were so sweaty after we could easily have wrung out our shirts. Very gross, but so much fun!


Aside from the workshops, we also had a super fun time on The Mount Washington cruise ship for the final banquet and dance, and got wet at the Gym and Swim. For me, though, one of the hightlights was the first day's keynote speaker, Brandon Lee White. He is a professional ballroom dancer, a youth speaker, an author, an entrepreneur, and a generally amazing, classy guy. His entire speech about being coureageous was so well done and really hit home with me on several points. I just loved the fact that he took the time to hang out with us for the rest of the day, coming to the karaoke party and dance. He danced with anyone that wanted to, and I had so much fun dancing with him! Honestly, if a guy leads properly, you don't even have to know how to dance. I also bought his book, Don't Be A Lamesauce, and can't wait to read it.

We were the classiest and most mature table there....thus the reason we hung spoons off our noses.
Of course, part of what makes TC fun is all the craziness that occurs during free time. Since our county is a very close knit group of boys and girls, most of our time was spent in the lounges or out on the steps. We had water bottle fights, poking matches, deep conversations and absolutely laughable moments. I love every one in our group so much.


The fun hasn't stopped since I've gotten home, though! There is lots of busyness, such as summer classes, preparing for VBS, major de-cluttering, and the first fair of the season. I really haven't settled, and I usually just break out dancing when I should be filing paperwork. (Sorry. That is just the best song).

(via)
You may have noticed that this very clever picture has made it into my sidebar...

(via)
Some people can really hit something on the head. This is just too perfect.

(via)
I've been trying to do more reading, and I absolutely love the Shakespeare In The Purse article by The Musings of the Pen. Plus the blog just looks generally fantastic! And if your faith in humanity needs restoring, I highly suggest this pin. But let's not forget slow-dancing Tom Hiddleston, the extremely versatile Bennedict Cumberbatch, and real-life Jim and Pam.

(via)
There, have I shown you every little link and pin I've been loving lately? Not even close! I hope you've enjoyed this little update, I apologize for my hyper-blogging, and please do check out my Pinterest boards if you want more awesome randomness. On a completely unrelated note, did you know that the actor of Eomer (Carl Urban) is the same guy who plays Bones in Star Trek?? No! I didn't either! I can totally see it now, but it never would have occurred to me by myself.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a doctor, not a warrior! ;) I had no idea Eomer was also Dr. McCoy! Also, Slow-dancing Tom Hiddleston is the best. :) I want a guy like that someday.

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any guy that just wants to slow dance is pretty near perfect. :)

      ~Gillian

      Delete