Read More Here!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Modest Fashion Show: 1930's Polka

Hello everybody! Our county fair has finally come to a close, which means things are back to normal! Sigh, no more being at the fair every day for the last 12 days......

Anyway, I am super excited to be participating in the Modest Fashion show hosted by Through the Lilac Bushes and Simple Delights! Every other day, participants put together an outfit based on a specified theme. It's not too late to join, so be sure to check it out!


The theme for today is Polka Dots and Stripes. I decided to go with a polka dots outfit. 


I wore this outfit to church actually, as I was feeling very 1930's. 
The dress is super comfortable, especially for a day of corralling little cousins in a church pew! :D
Special thanks to my dear brother, AJ, for taking the pictures!
Couldn't resist adding this adorable picture of Bangles! He is the sweetest cat....

Here's the rundown on the outfit:
Hat: Faneuil Hall, Boston.
Dress: Made by me from Butterick B5417
Shoes: Mardens, a discount department store.
Necklace: My signature choker necklace! I believe I bought it at a craft fair...

This was fun! Can't wait to be back and do another one. :) Other than these Modest Fashion Show posts, I also have some neat things planned.....more outfits, knitting, summer photos, and of course the October Reading List! Ta ta, everyone! Talk soon.

Thanks for reading! :)






4 comments:

  1. I like your vintage-y look! Isn't Mardens just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! It's absolutely adorable. The hat totally sets the dress off. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm having a ton of fun with your fashion show!

      Delete