Read More Here!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Modest Fashion Show....Goodbye Summer Calico

Time for the second outfit of the Modest Fashion Show hosted by Through the Lilac Bushes and Simple Delights! Today's theme is flowers......
I sewed the dress this spring as part of a 4H project, and even though I've been wearing it a lot lately to fair events, I wanted to get it out one more time! The dress is definitely a summer outfit, so soon it'll have to be put away. 
I'm noticing a trend here.....my cats are getting very good at posing in the pictures with me!
Time for a close up of the dress fabric! It's an adorable, ivy-like calico print!
Special thanks to AJ for taking the pictures! And happy birthday!!!!!!!! Live long and prosper, my super amazing 14 year old brother! :D
And just what is it I'm so busy reading in the photos? It's my lit reading....Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. 

Alright, so here's the head to toe rundown:
Sweater: thrift store.
Dress: Made by me from McCall's M6506.
Socks: Probably Walmart.
Shoes: Payless. 
Choker Necklace: I think a craft fair...

That concludes the second outfit post of the Modest Fashion Show! I am having so much fun with this! :D Quick note....they're switching to times around, so this Friday will be the NAUTICAL, not the VINTAGE theme. Just a reminder! I am so looking forward to nautical......

Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Adorable dress! I love the print on it. :) Your brother did a very nice job with the pictures. Thanks for posting about the switch up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The dress looks lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sweater just like that! I love it...it goes with everything. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I can't believe you made that dress! you did a great job its so unique!

    ReplyDelete