Read More Here!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Currently Loving...Fan Art

Evening, everyone! I thought today I'd share something I've been absolutely loving lately...Fan Art! Thanks to Pinterest, I've found all these lovely drawings made by talented fans! Unfortunately, the original links are often gone, so I'm not always able to give credit where credit is due!

Why do I love fan art? Some of it's funny, some of it's sweet, and some of it's is plain accurate. Mainly, though, I love that fan art always embodies the idea that someone was left with after reading or seeing something. It's how many fans show the feelings a certain book, or movie, left them with.

via

How about this adorable one inspired by Sherlock? "Psychopath!" "Freak!" "Who let you in here?" "Amazing!" "I'm keeping you!". Too cute!

via

Painting of Faramir from The Lord of the Rings. I just fell in love with it instantly...what talented person did this? I REALLY wish I was this good!

via

I've already admitted to you guys that I am absolutely obsessed with Tangled, and I'm pretty sure this picture was in a previous post, but I couldn't resist sharing it again! I love this so, so much.


via

This is probably my favorite from out of all the ones I'm showing you! I love how many people have really gotten into the Heirs of Durin! It's so easy to forget that Thorin actually raised his nephews, Fili and Kili. 

via

This one almost brought me to tears. "Fili and Kili had fallen, defending him with shield and body, for he was their mother's elder brother." It's ironic how part of the reason Thorin wants to reclaim Erebor is because of his line's rights to rein there, and yet, all of the Heirs of Durin are slain.

via

'A Memory of You'. Bilbo, reflecting on Thorin, and Fili and Kili while he writes 'There and Back Again.' 

via

After all those deep and sad pictures, I thought I'd share this way too adorable one. :) Teeny, chubby little hobbitses! I just want to squeeze Sam. :D

Don't know abut you, but good fan art never ceases to make me happy. :) I wish I was better at drawing, so I could attempt something on my own...even if they're only simple sketches! I really should start drawing again....

Your Thoughts? What is your opinion of fan art? Do you ever draw your own? Which was your favorite out of the ones I posted? Any others you'd like to share with a link in the comments? What have you been loving at the moment? Please leave a comment!

Thanks for reading!

~Gillian






No comments:

Post a Comment