Read More Here!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Adventures in Creating the Green Satin Prom Dress

Yes, I've been a bad little blogger.....it seems every time I set my mind to do all these posts, be creative and of course very witty, I just end up in a blogging rut. :) I have had this blog for about 8 months now, but still struggle with the actual writing. I really admire the bloggers who post tutorials, recipes, link parties, outfits, all with gorgeous photos; but putting that in action on my blog is a totally different story! Unfortunately, my life is too busy to commit to a regular posting schedule, and camera issues always affect my outfit photos! But through all the frustration of not being one of *those* blogs, I've realized what kind of blog I can be. I've discovered that posts that focus more on writing, whether it be book reviews, movie suggestions, or general musings, are the way to go. It's been a long time in making this decision, but it's one that I know will be the best for me!

Believe it or not, that's not what I intended this post to be about! My friend, Deanna and I, recently took a trip together to Joann's and had way too much fun! I've been scheming for awhile about this year's prom dress, and this year I'm going for a very vintage look (not like I didn't last year....(:) 




I'm going to be using V2962, by Vintage Vogue. I actually bought this pattern last year, with the intention of making it for 4H Fashion Revue. I ran out of time, however, and ended up saving this pattern for later. I feel that this dress will not only be fun to sew, but be perfect for wearing to Prom AND submitting for 4H Fashion Revue 2013! 

This is the first time I'm going to be working with a fancier fabric, and the first time I'm using a Vintage Vogue pattern! I'm very excited, but also a little worried; I've heard mixed thoughts on their pattern fit/sizing/instructions. So wish me luck!

I've bought 9 yards of satin fabric, in two slightly different shades of dark green, for the lining and main fabric (the color is rather similar to this). 

I may start cutting fabric tonight or tomorrow, and am so excited to get started! Keep your eyes out, as I hope to be posting about the dress at different stages during the making!

Thanks for reading!

Your Thoughts? Do you have any sewing projects planned, or in the making? Have you ever used a Vintage Vogue pattern? What were your thoughts about the pattern? Do you often sew more formal dresses, or casual go-to pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment