Read More Here!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Reading List: October 2012

First off, I have to apologize for the lateness of this post: Sorry folks! I've been very busy this month, but I'm hoping to get back into blogging! 

One more note until we get into the good stuff. :) In the past, I've given you five books in each reading list. Although I've really enjoyed providing that much variety, it's been very hard to keep up with. So, from now on I'm going to include anywhere from 1-5 books in each list. Sorry for any inconvenience!

1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: I really wanted to suggest a book for this month that went along with Haloween season. I considered doing Frankenstein or The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, but, well, they seemed sort of obvious choices. So, I selected one of my favorites (and my mother's first-choice read) Jane Eyre! Written by Charlotte Bronte in 1847 (and published on October 16, so just in time for All Hallows Eve!), Jane Eyre has become not only a classic book, but a beloved heroine, as well. Orphaned at a young age, Jane is sent to Lowood, a cold and miserable school. After graduating and then teaching there, Jane moves on to become a governess at Thornfield Hall. After a rather unexpected meeting with her employer, Mr. Rochester, Jane finds herself falling in love with him. Time goes on, and many circumstances arise that are unexpected, brutally honest, and thrilling. One of my favorite aspects of this Gothic novel is the character of Jane. She has her faults, and recognizes them. She is an honest character that knows herself, is intelligent, and hardworking. After reading this novel, I'm sure you'll realize why I chose it as a Halloween pick!

Happy reading, everybody! Be sure to comment if you read (or have read!) the book!

Have a nice day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment