Read More Here!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monthlies: April '14

a p r i l 2014

In April:
-Skated in the club spring show!
-Had a blind date with a book. :)
-Welcomed in the last two (ram) lambs! Fitz and Brandon!
-Applied to some jobs.
-Started biking again.
-Had the last lit class! (today, technically, but whatever).

Goals for May:
-Land an axel! (They are getting closer, though!)
-Finish French and Biology, crank on Geometry and Chemistry, and start Economics (and French 2...le sigh).
-Get a job!
-Go eat at a cafe, or something, with friends.
-Do some much-needed-spring-shopping-that-should-have-been-fall-shopping.
-Post some stuff online to sell....check back later for details!

Books read this month:
This month I read The Old Man And The Sea by Ernest Hemingway for lit class, and read Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham on my own. It is amazing. Like, five-stars amazing. It is the definition of classy chick-lit (which is depressingly hard to find): intelligent while still being light, romantic but not sappy, with a well-written heroine. Basically, it's about a strong girl with big dreams but lots of doubts, someone we can all relate to. Ahh, read it. You'll love it. :)

Reading goals for May:
I'd like this to be the month where I finish my obnoxiously long list of currently-reading books. So, that means finishing (at least) The Reading Promise (my blind date book!), and Pride and Prejudice. I'm still hoping to pick up The Two Towers again, and I'd really like to read Running The Books: The Adventures of An Accidental Prison Librarian (for obvious reasons).

Recent Favorites:
This infographic that lists personality traits based on how you drink your coffee. I drink my coffee black and it's highly accurate. :)
This Frozen pin... totally agree! While Frozen is undeniably awesome, it wasn't the first awesome Disney movie. Not even close.
This pepper spray, designed as lipstick case. So cute, and only $7. Getting one.
This list of 30 Problems Only Introverts Will Understand. Particularly, no.'s 1 and 7.

On the Blog:
We started out the month with a post on My American Dream and why People Should Mind Their Own Business, followed by the fact that it's spring and finally time to come alive! Next I shared What's In My Skating Bag, and wrapped up with talking about my new top.

This is cliche, but does anyone else feel like the year is going too fast? Winter went slow, but the year is fast. How does that work? I'm looking forward to May..prom, working, school, skating, more time with friends, and hopefully more reading time...should be a fun month!

How was your April? Got any grand plans for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment