Read More Here!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

TYG: Coming Alive

Must I?

Should I?

Dare I?

Dare I say that it is...finally...spring?

There. Said it. No going back now! Spring has (hopefully) finally arrived in New England. We have to keep it quiet, though, because if it finds out we know, it will just send another snow storm. So, shh!

Springtime outfit blue and maroon headscarf ll Young Yankee Lady

Silliness aside, I've already decided it's spring and I'm absolutely loving it. Just this week I went from heating the car and wearing my big jacket to the rink, to driving with the windows open in only a tank-top and light jacket. Whoop! Guys, I love driving with the windows down. You can hear your own tires...and the person next to you who has their radio on loud...and the joggers you pass...and birds...and snippets of conversation as you drive through town...it's lovely. 

When I was first taking driver's ed this time last year, having a license was pretty scary. I mean, I new it was necessary because of all the skating busy-ness, but I really didn't like the thought of driving alone. Now? That's my FAVORITE part. I love my early morning drives to the rink, and late night rides home. I love being able to listen to the radio if I want, or just think if I want. Lately, driving has taken the place of showers for me: it's where I do my best thinking. Having a license is amazing. While driving still sometimes scares me, I absolutely love just going off and doing my own thing. I love getting coffee. And running my own errands. And making plans with friends without having to convince someone to drive me! :)

In a weird sort of way, driving is sort of synonymous with the whole 'coming alive' feeling of spring, lately. It's not that I didn't have a life before my license, of course, but the freedoms and independence of having a license are amazing. Just in my group of friends, I think there's been a major 'growing up' feeling, and spring has only made it stronger. We're just all at pretty good places, and even though we're confused and trying to figure things out, I still feel like we're all moving in the right direction.

When people ask what my favorite season is, I always say winter, buuuttt.....well, I think I'm more in love with the changing of the seasons than the seasons themselves. But right now, I'm very happy to be in spring. I'm happy to be alive. And young. And have the opportunity to know what I love and do what I love.

Navy blue pencil skirt and polka dot blouse spring outfit with headscarf ll Young Yankee Lady.

Outfit Details: headscarf / / hand-me-down, scarf / / gift, jacket / / thrifted, blouse / / gift, skirt / / discount store, flats / / gift.

Previously Worn: Scarf: #1, #2,  Flats: #1, #2,  Headscarf: #1, 

No comments:

Post a Comment