Read More Here!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

17


I turned seventeen on Monday. Like pretty much every year, everyone is asking me if I feel different. And like usual, I don't. Being 17 is still quite strange, actually.

When I turned 16, I felt all excited. Two whole years to accomplish all my goals! And as I'm sure you all know, everything would work out smoothly, because 16 is the age when everyone is perfect for no other reason than being 16. But now at 17, it's scarier. What am I doing with my life? Will I ever be anything? I feel less perfect. I'm not a kid anymore, and that's a little frightening. Soon I'll have to become a semi-interesting adult with a life and promising existence. I'm not sure I'm capable of that, yet.


Anyways! Since I'd rather not dwell on self-doubt and all that, here's a list of what was awesome about 16.

...Being sweet (haha, just kidding. I've actually gotten ruder)...

...Finally starting to dress without caring what other people think...

...Making lots of progress with skating. This year I've passed tests, skated with more power, and gained confidence in my goals...

...More conversations with Mum & Dad...

...Finding out I can function pretty well on my own...

...Improving my writing and growing this blog...

...Learning more about friendship, and overcoming barriers....

...Maybe, just maybe, starting to figure  myself out...


In other news, I've finally captured on camera a picture from every fashion bloggers dream: A picture of me in mid-jump while wearing adorable clothing. And yes, I'm totally channeling/stalking Casey and Amber. 


Alright, so there's my first try. Meh.


And the second try. You can see how hard I'm concentrating.


Now just look at that gem....


And here it is! Mid air! Maybe next time I'll make a cute face to match the cute legs...


Or, you know, maybe I won't. Happy Thursday, gals!

Outfit Details: cami / / jc penny, wool shirt / / hand-me-down, belt / / jc penny (came with a pair of shorts), skinnies / / old navy, flats / / payless, ring / / gift, necklace / / heirloom.

Stalk these pieces: flats #1, #2, #3.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are so adorable. Just wait until you turn 30, and you have ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS! You've probably already seen this video a gazillion times, but I know it's helped me with "coming of age" in the past, and still: http://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI

    Just remember you don't have to figure it all out now, and all kinds of weird and wacky things are going to happen to you. Where you find yourself 10 years from now may not be what you expect now, but that'll be okay. :-) Life's not a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! Hmmm....when I tried to find the video, it didn't come up.

    Thanks so much for the advice! They were definitely words I needed to hear. :) Lately I've been trying to tell myself to just keep going, work my hardest, and realize that that's all I can do. I worry about the unpredictable, but without that, life would be boring, right? :)

    ReplyDelete