Read More Here!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

::novice::

 

Not really sure how to write this.

I tried my Novice Moves in the Field test today. Didn't pass, unfortunately. Only one judge gave me a pass, so not the 2-out-of-3 needed. 

I'm disappointed, but pleased to say I've not been a crying mess all day. This is actually the first test I've ever failed, and you're bound to fail at least one. I'm not going to share my exact scores, but suffice it to say they were awfully close, and I made no big mistakes. So now, it's just a matter of polishing and perfecting and waiting 28 days until I'm eligible to try again. 

Actually, none of the girls testing Novice today passed. Novice is the line between rec-skaters and serious skaters--everyone who passes Novice sticks with it until they pass Junior and Senior, and those that don't pass Novice....well...they don't keep really keep skating. So, the judges get really nit-picky about this test. USFSA has a statistic that says 78% of skaters don't pass Novice on the first try.

Still, I'm (obviously) glad I tried it. That's been my favorite thing about skating so far this season.--I've been doing more and putting myself out there more. It's great to meet other skaters. And skate at other rinks. And feel nerves & butterflies. All the newness has helped me to focus, and who doesn't need more focus?

Anyways, so that's that for today. My mum bought me an egg sandwhich and a pound (not kidding. It literally weighs a pound!!!!) brownie on the way home. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, and then getting back into the groove on Saturday.

Happy Wednesday! xo

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that's too bad! I recently had my first experience with failing too. I failed my driver's exam, but then when I when I tried the second time a month later, I passed. It felt so great to know that I persevered and made it through.

    It seems like you have a really great attitude about it though. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete