Read More Here!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Monthlies: May '14

Prom // Finally looks like spring!!
In May:
-Went to prom!
-Got a job!
-Participated in SAD.
-Enjoyed some fresh flowers.
-Bumped up off-ice training.

Goals for June: Ahh! June already!
-Get more in the swing of things with managing skating/school/working.
-Squeeze in more friend time! And thrift store time!
-Land an axel.
-Finish French, Biology, and Geometry.
-Do an awful lot of reading.

Books read this month:
I completed three books this month! Whoo hoo! First, I read The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma, which was honestly pretty boring and not worth the time. But it was my 'blind date' book from the library, so I felt I had to read it. Then, I finally got serious and finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Of course it was amazing, and while I wished I had read it faster, it was rather nice to dip into a couple of pages for Jane's wit. Last but not least, I finished How To Murder A Millionaire by Nancy Martin, which was just as light, and funny as it sounds. While it wrapped up too quickly for my taste (big big build, and then all at once THE END...), it was still cute with relatable characters. A great beach read!

Reaidng goals for June:
I want to finish reading The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien before we go on vacation, and then read 2-3 books while we're gone. I'm definitely bringing along The Brothers Bulger: How They Terrorized and Corrupted Boston for a Quarter Century by Howie Carr, which is nonfiction about Whitey Bulger and the mafia down in Boston. I'm also planning on getting to Raptures of the Deep (Bloody Jack #7) by L.A. Meyer, and hopefully something lighter, like Sweet Tea and Secrets by Nancy Naigle. I wouldn't mind dipping back into the self-help-motivational genre again, but I'm not sure what...

Recent Favorites:
-This video from the University of Texas Commencement Speech. Easily one of the most motivating things I've ever seen. Worth the 20 minute watch!!
-This post from Carly on getting it all done.
-This outfit from Forever Amber. We've had quite a few rainy and cold days this spring, and honestly I want to live in this!
-This quote. Motivation to keep going!

On the blog:
This was a busy month on the blog! We started off with an explanation of why I own 6 pairs of black shoes, and then got a little more serious with 8 Ways To Make The Most of this Spring/Summer. I finally got around to reviewing A Study in Scarlet, and then published a list of somedays. Last, I talked about my desire to do the stuff.

Seriously, I can't believe that it's June. Halfway through the year! When did that happen??

PS-my prom dress is the Lady Love Song Dress in Sapphire from Modcloth. Totally recommend, but DEFINITELY size up!

No comments:

Post a Comment