Read More Here!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

On Smoothies

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Off-Ice Training via Young Yankee Lady


Guess what, guys!

I'm eating (drinking?) a smoothie!

Well, actually, I'm not. You see, I wrote that before I dumped it in the trash.

Now I'm actually waiting for some soup to warm up, so I can eat that instead.

You see, I've been trying to eat well lately. Like every woman in America, I've decided that 2014 is the year I get fit. And while that probably seems pretty superficial, and well, predictable, I'd like to aquatint you with the real reason I'm doing this: skating.

That's right. 2014 is going to be my year. I have grand plans of improving, working harder, and really making progress on the ice. I want to land an axel, and hopefully doubles. I want to spin faster, have cleaner footwork, and present my programs better. I want to compete and pass tests. And I want to off-ice train.

You see, for awhile I've ignored the fact that being fit off the ice is directly related to being good on the ice. So I've started doing off-ice training, and really looking at what I eat. I've decided to eat smaller meals more often, but also make the meals more about protein and energy. I've been trying to steer clear of too much bread, pasta, and other simple sugars.

Awww, now I have my soup. :)

So you see, I got a blender for my birthday. A strange gift, yes, but I'd been dying to make smoothies and shakes and all matter of delicious healthy stuff. I tried it out for the first time today, and, well, loved it. The smoothie, not the blender (but that's nice, too). But then I, um, didn't.

My smoothie was made with 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, 1 tbsp. cocoa, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, and a splash of milk. It was roughly 285 calories, but don't quote me. My inspiration came from this pin.

The problem was, the more I drank, the more it tasted like mushy, frozen banana. Banana isn't really my favorite flavor anyway, and mushy banana certainly isn't. I kept trying to eat it, telling myself THIS IS SO GOOD. AND SOOO HEALTHY! JUST LOOK AT ME, BEING HEALTHY! LOOK! HEALTHY! And then I dumped it in the trash.

Next time, I'm going to do 1/2 of a NOT FROZEN banana and more peanut butter. And we'll see how that goes. Because I'd really, really like to be able to eat smoothies. But in the meantime, I have my soup. And now I'm hungry...

Got any (yummy, not mushy frozen banana) smoothie recipes? Thanks for sharing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment